Centers for Direct Social Intervention (CDSI)
“The Smile of the Child” operates in various locations across Greece through Centers for Direct Social Intervention.
The main objective of the Centers is to coordinate the activities and services provided by “The Smile of the Child on the operational -and not only- levels for every child victim of any form of violence, every child with health problems, every missing child, every child living in poverty or threatened by poverty.
A key feature of CDSIs is their daily operation, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and the interconnection of the Centers.
Basic tools of the Centers thanks to which the immediate response to any request is ensured are the following:
- The National Helpline for Children SOS 1056
- The European Hotline for Missing Children 116 000
- The European Helpline for Children and Adolescents 116 111
- The Direct Social Intervention vehicles of the Organization
- The Mobile Medical Unit of intensive care units for newborns and children (Ambulances)
- The Mobile Operational Unit for the search and rescue of missing children
- The Search & Rescue Team for Missing Children "Thanasis Makris"
The services provided by CDSI's are channeled through the abovementioned tools and offer substantial support at every level (social, psychological, counseling, medical) and for every child in need in Greece!
Today "The Smile of the Child" operates the following CDSI's:
- CDSI of Attica (Marousi, Kareas)
- CDSI of Thessaloniki (Thessaloniki)
- CDSI of Achaia (Patras)
- CDSI of Crete (Chania and Heraklion)
- CDSI of Thessaly (Larisa)
- CDSI of Corinth (Corinth)
- CDSI of Corfu (Kerkyra)
- CDSI of Ilia (Pyrgos)
- CDSI of Central Greece (Chalkida)
- CDSI of North Aegean (Lesvos)
- CDSI of Tripolis
- CDSI of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace