"The Smile of the Child" operates:
- The National Helpline for Children SOS 1056
- The European Hotline for Missing Children 116000
- The European “Helpline 116111 for Children and Adolescents
The Lines "reply" in a total of four call centers in Athens (Kareas and Marousi), Thessaloniki and Patras.
The centers are staffed with qualified personnel (Social Workers and Psychologists) and are equipped with hardware and software of new technology.
For the facilitation of the actions of the organization, the 4 call centers are interconnected as 1. This results in:
- Minimizing the call waiting time
- Strengthening the capacity to manage more requests / calls
- Better coordination of the officers of all Lines (SOS 1056 & 116000 & 116111)
- Expansion of the human resources of all Lines (SOS 1056 & 116000 & 116111)
- Reliability and elimination of technical problems through multiple redundancies.
The interconnection of the centers (nodes), which is crucial for "The Smile of the Child", was made with the use of IP MPLS technology. By using IP MPLS network, the National Helpline for Children SOS 1056, the European Hotline for Missing Children 116000 and the European Helpline 116111 for Children and Adolescents have expanded and give the ability to:
- Social Workers and Psychologists to answer calls from anywhere
- the 4 points (nodes) to communicate directly with each other
The 4 interconnected points (nodes) communicate directly, transferring data, images and sound.
This topology of the network (full mess) gives two important advantages:
- nodes not interested in that kind of “circulation”, are not burdened with traffic data
- if there is a problem with a node, the communication among the others is not affected.
In case of a network failure there are always alternative routes so as to maximize the network's availability.