Prevention and Awareness Raising among Children, Teachers, Parents and Guardians
“The Smile of the Child” recognising the key role that school
community plays in the field of prevention carries out interactive, experiential
activities targeting students, teachers, parents and guardians. The
interventions are carried out by a specialized team of psychologists of the
Organization in kindergartens, primary schools and high schools nationwide.
The main objectives of the interventions include:
- Information to children about their rights
- Development of basic social skills against the risks of abuse, school violence and bullying, internet safety, child disappearances
Psychologists communicate with students, teachers, parents and guardians on the issues that concern them and mainly on:
- Violence against Children
- Bullying within the school environment
- Child Disappearances
- Internet Use
The main purpose of the interventions, carried out in simple and understandable words, is to:
- Highlight basic indicators of abuse
- Create a fundamental understanding of the phenomenon
- Manage the emotions caused
- Develop key behaviors / shield against risks
- Inform on where and how to seek help
A team of psychologists:
- Visit schools throughout Greece even in the most remote regions, as well as Greek schools abroad.
- visit cities across the country with the Mobile Lab of Information, Education and Technology “Odysseas” carrying out interventions for students, teachers, parents and guardians.
Our team of psychologists carry out interventions in remote areas via the Interactive education & media platform “You Learn”.
Based on age groups, the proper means are selected by our psychologists, namely: Social Stories, Tales, cross media tools, Interactive Educational Tools, Shadow-Puppet Theatre and Documentaries.
The action is being implemented by “The Smile of the Child" since 2009 within the framework of a memorandum of cooperation with the Ministry of Education, Lifelong Learning and Religious Affairs and in cooperation with School Counsellors, Health Education Teachers, Regions and Municipalities.