Voluntary Blood Donation
In response to the needs which increased significantly during the pandemic, "The Smile of the Child" consistently carries out voluntary Blood Donation Programs in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, public hospitals, local authorities and other co-competent institutional and voluntary bodies.
This initiative was made possible thanks to “Odysseas”, the first Mobile Laboratory of Information, Education & Technology, that has been properly transformed and configured with all the necessary medical equipment, in compliance with all health and safety standards.
The actions comply with all the prescribed rules to ensure smooth and safe conduct, as defined by the National Blood Donation Center – EKEA.
● Appointments to avoid crowding
● Temperature measurement & hand sterilization for blood donors at the entrance
● Administration of the personal protective equipment provided by EODY (masks, gloves, antiseptic) for staff and volunteer blood donors who participate
● Disinfection of blood donation chairs at each blood donor
● Keeping distances between the bloodletting chairs, but also throughout the layout, as set by official rules and guidelines
● Adequate ventilation