"The Smile of the Child" next to mothers and their children - victims of domestic violence
"The Smile of the Child" supports women and their children who suffer from domestic violence with a holistic approach, providing services to comfort them and support them in moving forward with their lives. The Organization has concluded Cooperation Agreements and works closely with the General Secretariat for Family Policy and Gender Equality, as well as the European Network against Violence.
"The Smile of the Child" provides for the physical and psychological needs of the often heavily traumatized women and children victims of Domestic Violence the following services on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year, Nationwide, Free of charge.
- Access to the National Helpline for Children SOS 1056 operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Handling of identified or anonymous reports
- On-site intervention for immediate removal of the victims of domestic violence and transfer to a safe environment with simultaneous notification of the competent bodies, Police and Prosecution Authorities.
- Provision of Apartments for their accommodation
- Taking care of material needs
- Medical monitoring of children and coverage of medical care expenses for uninsured children
- Solutions for children's educational needs
- Assistance in job search
- Personalized Counselling
- Transfers with the Mobile Medical Units (Ambulances) of Neonatal & Pediatric Intensive Care
- Personalized mental health services for children and adolescents victims of Domestic Violence