The House of the Child
Based on its longstanding action in the area of Child Protection, its experience and know-how, «The Smile of the Child» developed "The House of the Child".
"The House of the Child" is a Day Center for the Provision of Customized Mental Health Services to Children and Adolescents, victims of abuse, neglect, domestic violence, victimized minors, children involved in bullying incidents and generally children who have recently or in the past have been exposed to severe psycho-traumatic experiences and suffering resulting to mental health, adaptation or behavioral problems.
"The House of the Child" constitutes a specialized service, unique in Greece and innovative both in Europe and internationally.
"The House of the Child" is staffed by a specialized therapeutic Team composed of:
- Psychiatrist - Scientific Responsible
- 3 Child Psychiatrists
- 3 Clinical Psychologists
- 1 Social Worker
- 1 Speech Therapist
- 1 Occupational Therapist
- 1 Specialized Educator
- 2 Administrative employees
"The House of the Child" provides free services, daily, from 09.00 to 20.00, except weekends, as follows:
- To children and adolescent victims who live either with their family or within alternative models (foster family) or other sheltering frameworks (hostels, boarding schools, shelters, etc.).
- To families and caregivers in accommodation structures where children victims of abuse are living.
The multi-disciplinary therapeutic team of the "House of the Child" undertakes a holistic and comprehensive diagnostic evaluation and treatment of any kind of disorder that victimized children may suffer from.
«The Smile of the Child» provides the following services:
- Timely intervention - evaluation – counseling support.
- Diagnosis and therapy across the full range of children’s psychiatric problems.
- Treatment of children, victims of abuse or neglect that are suffering from psycho-pathological disorders based on a holistic approach that includes the comprehensive therapy of all possible side-effect needs, such as the diagnosis and treatment of specific learning difficulties and speech therapy, occupational therapy and special education services.
- Counselling for parents, caregivers and other relevant entities.
- Monitoring - mapping – statistics processing of psycho-social rehabilitation needs resulting from child abuse cases.
- Awareness-raising activities -community information aiming at preventing all forms of child abuse.
«The Smile of the Child» began operating "The House of the Child" in 2014.