«The Smile of the Child» implements the action of the "Daycare Homes" with the aim to provide care for children, whose families face serious problems. These difficulties can derive from social, financial or serious health problems of the parents which as a consequence render them unable to ensure the basic needs of their children.
The main objective is to provide support to children and the families in an effort to strengthen them and ensure the proper and health development of the children.
Today, «The Smile of the Child» operates nationwide 3 Daycare Homes in:
- Vrohitsa, Ilia regional unit
- Kalyvia Municipality of Agrinio, Aetolia-Acarnania regional unit
- Mytikas, Evia regional unit
In the framework of this action, we ensure the following provisions for the children:
- A health and well-structured living environment, appropriate to provide incentives and development opportunities to children
- Coverage of basic living needs
- Educational support
- Recreational activities and support
- Empowerment of the family
In the morning
children are going to school while afterwards with the support of specialized
scientific personnel they do their homework, follow outdoor activities, play,
eat and return to their families by the end of the day having completed all the
daily activities followed by a child of their age group.
The Daycare Homes are staffed from:
- Social Workers
- Care personnel (child minders - pedagogues)
- Cleaning staff
Volunteerism constitutes an important and crucial element in the Daycare Homes. Our volunteers do their best on a daily basis ensuring the coverage of the basic needs of the Homes.
- Recreational Activities
- Accompanying children in events, excursions and holidays
- Support the educational needs of children, e.g. courses support, learning foreign languages etc.
- Health support to children
- Support to the Home’s needs.
«The Smile of the Child» implements the action from 2005.