“Smile Academy of Education & Training” by "The Smile of the Child”
"The Smile of the Child" extends its educational activities with the “Smile Academy of Education & Training”, an Academy operating both in person and virtually, which aims to develop skills, abilities, life attitudes and habits of young and old.
The world is experiencing tremendous change, both in technology and culture. In the real and digital world, new and exciting tools are emerging every day that bring us closer together, but also create demanding challenges. Everyone, no matter how young or old, needs to be able to participate in the modern real and digital life with confidence, enthusiasm and security.
Children, parents and guardians, grandparents, teachers and professionals, are invited to join our Academy, where leading specialists will guide them through developing modern skills and learning up-to-date tools that bring us closer together and help us effectively participate in society - real and digital - in an effective and responsible way.
The new initiatives, which we have planned in partnership with experts from prominent technology companies of our country, focus on the following:
Smile Academy has started its operation since the beginning of 2020, to address the new extraordinary needs created by the Coronavirus pandemic. The courses and activities of the Academy are implemented both in person - in the new facilities of the Organization -and remotely - through our digital educational platforms. (CISCO Webex Meetings, YouTube etc).
At the same time, “Odysseas”, the first mobile laboratory of Information, Education and Technology for children, will travel thoughout Greece to implement training and intervention sessions, as well to serve as station for Voluntary Blood Donation programs.
The new initiative adds to the educational tools developed by the Organization, which include:
● Organized interactive, experiential prevention & awareness meetings and sessions for children, teachers, parents and guardians. Utilizing the latest technology, these highlight critical issues that directly concern children in terms of their daily lives and their future, such as Safe internet, Bullying etc.
● Series of Web Casts "Ask The Smile", during which the audience can address questions to scientific executives of the Organization on important issues concerning children.
● Knowledge and skill enhancement training sessions for volunteers and employees of the Organization, as well as other professionals.
● The “YouLearn” asynchronous training platform.
● The first Mobile Information, Education & Technology Laboratory, "Odysseas", an outstanding tool by Greek standards, that brings the Organization's wide spectrum of services to every corner of Greece.
● The European Voluntary School Network “YouSmile”, which consists of students and volunteers who participate in a number of actions aimed at defending children rights, carrying out awareness campaigns and taking initiatives on critical issues that concern children.
● The certified Cisco Academy, through which young and old acquire technical skills to cope with the rapidly evolving field of new technologies and the Digital Economy.
You may join the "Smile Academy" of the Organization "The Smile of the Child" by filling in the form below. (https://forms.gle/K2XrRGx6on8Cyhyq7)