The Smile of the Child in Patras
The modern building
that houses all the services of our Organization in Patras and the Center of
Direct Social Intervention in Western Greece became reality thanks to the
efforts of 164 individuals and companies which contributed substantially to its
The building was granted from the Ministry of Health and Social Solidarity (6th Health Regional Unit of the Peloponnese, the Ionian Islands, Epirus and Western Greece and the administration of the General Hospital of Patras «Agios Andreas»).
The building required a number of interventions to make it appropriate. The reconstructions were many, time consuming and of high cost.
However, there was no need even for a 1€ expenditure from «The Smile of the Child» and the building was completed within a 20 months period from the day the renovation started.
164 individuals and companies participated in this effort providing:
- Volunteer work
- Free materials
- Financial coverage of needs
We would like to
warmly thank all those who worked relentless with positive energy and a will to
offer to «The Smile of the Child»
and every child in the region of Western Greece!
What a great example!
Thank you to all!
In this building the following services are housed:
- Center of Direct Social Intervention
- The extension of the National Helpline for Children SOS 1056
- The Operational Center of Southwestern Greece for Missing, Abused and Exploited Children
- The AMBER ALERT HELLAS
- The Department of Social and Psychological Support
- The Bank of Goods of the Organization
In the same building the following services operate:
- The department of recreational activities and supportive education to children
- The Volunteer Creative Workshop
- The Theatrical-Arts Team
- The Department of Commercial Goods
- The Administrative Offices
In addition, the first Regional Network for the prevention and tackling of child abuse/neglect is based in the same building, as announced on 21 December 2007 in a meeting of the local actors in the Regional Unit of Achaia.