Supporting vulnerable families and children in Attica, Thessaloniki and Crete in cooperation with KINDERNOTHILFE during the period 2020-2022
The successful cooperation of the Organization "The Smile of the Child" with the German Organization KINDERNOTHILFE was concluded at end of June 2022 when the project H.Ε.Β.Ε.* (Help, Empowerment, Bridge, Engagement) was finalized.
The cooperation between the two organizations goes back to 2020 when "The Smile of the Child" designed and implemented the small scale project 47011 “Supporting refugees/migrant children and families in North and Central Greece through the provision of social and psychological support following COVID-19 outbreak in Greece”.
Following the successful implementation of the above mentioned project, the German Organization extended the financial support to “The Smile of the Child” that designed and implements the project entitled: H.E.B.E - Help, Empowerment, Bridge, Engagement-"Empowering vulnerable families and children (i.e. migrants, asylum seekers, people with serious socioeconomic / health problems etc.) in Northern, Central Greece and Crete to adjust to the new circumstances following the COVID-19 outbreak".
Overall, the project provided support to migrant and other children and their families belonging to vulnerable groups in Athens, Thessaloniki and Heraklion, Crete through the Support Centers of the organization. As part of the holistic approach implemented by “The Smile of the Child”, beneficiaries were able to:
- have access to basic food and other essential goods including school bags and stationery for children
- receive immediate psychosocial support from the professionals of the Organization and further
- benefit from additional services of the Organization, such as medical services or additional psychosocial support through the National Hotline SOS 1056, as well as job counseling or referral to other Organizations according to their specialized needs.
The duration of the project was extended until 30.06.2022, following the increasing demands for support from vulnerable & migrant families.
The following groups were benefitted from the project’s implementation.
- Total number of families supported: 384
- Total number of people supported: 1693
- Total number of children supported: 1026
- Total number of adults supported: 667
* HEBE - Help, Empowerment, Bridge, Engagement
Empowering vulnerable families and children (i.e. migrants, asylum seekers, people with serious socioeconomic / health problems etc.) in Northern, Central Greece and Crete to adjust to the new circumstances following the COVID-19 outbreak.
For more information:
The Smile of the Child
Tel: +30 210 3306140