“The Smile of Child” participates in the project “ChildRescue - Collective Awareness Platform for Missing Children Investigation and Rescue”
“ChildRescue - Collective Awareness Platform for Missing Children Investigation and Rescue” is an ambitious project with huge social impact that aims to assist the investigation and recovery of missing children, by using an innovative methodology and state-of-the-art technology.
In the framework of the project, a full scale exercise took place to evaluate the functionality of the new application CHILD RESCUE and the use of all the possibilities it offers, as an important tool for managing cases of missing children. The exercise took place on June, 12th and 15th at the facilities of the Organization "The Smile of the Child" in Maroussi. In compliance with the preventative measures against the coronavirus disease, key members participated distantly in the execution of the exercise.
The field exercise was structured around the scenario of a "Disappearance of a 16-year-old schoolgirl in an urban environment". The parties involved were called to deal with the case in real time conditions.
On behalf of “The Smile of the Child” the participants in the exercise were;
- Case Managers of the “European Hotline for Missing Children 116000”
- Operators from the Operational Emergency Center
- Members of the “Thanassis Makris” Search and Rescue Team for Missing Children
- Volunteer users of the application who took on the role of citizens sending information to locate the missing child
The application is at an advanced stage of development and will be available shortly. The project «ChildRescue – Collective Awareness Platform for Missing Children Investigation and Rescue» is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No 780938.
For more information please refer to www.childrescue.eu
Members of the project
● National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) - Greece (Coordinator)
● European Federation for Missing and Sexually Exploited Children - AISBL (MCE) - Belgium
● The Smile of the Child - Greece
● Child Focus (Fondation pour Enfants Disparus et Sexuellement Exploités) - Belgium
● Hellenic Red Cross – Greece
● Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences (FRA-UAS) - Germany
● SingularLogic Romania Computer Applications S.R.L (SiLO) - Romania
● UBITECH Ltd - Cyprus
● MADE GROUP - Greece
● Suite5 Data Intelligence Solutions Ltd (SUITE5) - Ireland
#ChildRescueEU, #TogetherWeCanFindThem, #StaySafe, #MissingChildren #IMCD