5 PRIZES were awarded to the companies participating in the "Technology Group for the Child" of the Organization "The Smile of the Child"
5 PRIZES were awarded to the companies participating in the
"Technology Group for the Child" of the Organization "The Smile of the Child"
"The Smile of the Child" expresses its gratitude for the cooperation of the forces involved in the project
"Technology at the Service of Children"
Athens, October 5th 2022
A total of five awards were awarded to the members of the "Technology Group for the Child" of the Organization "The Smile of the Child", at the Impact BITE Awards 2022, the most important awarding institution for technological innovation in Greece. The event, which is under the auspices of the Ministry of Digital Governance and the Association of Informatics & Communications Enterprises of Greece (SEPE), takes place for the 11th consecutive year.
The member companies of the "Technology Group for the Child" managed to win important awards for the utilization of technological tools, methods and practices that it adopts and implements with the cooperation of many forces and against a number of worthy projects, at a time when the participations of this year exceeded 300 from the field of Information and Communication Technology.
The Awards given are part of Pillar 1: Awards to Businesses for the Best Use / Exploitation of ICTs, concerning businesses and organizations from all sectors, which have successfully utilized information systems or undertaken initiatives in the areas of applications, infrastructures, IT and Communications services as users, as well as best practices in the management / administration of ICTs that support their business strategy.
Specifically, the 5 distinctions received are as follows:
- PLATINUM Award (top of the top) in the General Category "Technological Infrastructure & Management of Information Resources" ACCENTURE, CISCO, COSMOTE, HP, HPE, LAMDA HELLIX, MICROSOFT, SPACE HELLAS, DEMOKRITOS, with the valuable contribution of National Bank of Greece (General Management of Information Technology)
- GOLD Award in the sub-category "Continuous Business Improvement" for the Technology for Children Group "Technology at the Service of Children" ACCENTURE, CISCO, COSMOTE, HP, HPE, LAMDA HELLIX, MICROSOFT, SPACE, DEMOKRITOS, National Bank of Greece (General Management of Information Technology)
- GOLD Award in the "Network & Communications" Category for the project: Modernization of WAN LAN infrastructure, Interconnection of all points of the Organization and ensuring data protection "Technology at the Service of Children" COSMOTE, CISCO, SPACE HELLAS, with the valuable contribution of National Bank of Greece (General Management of Information Technology)
- GOLD Award in the Category "Innovation & Competitive Advantage through ICT" for the project: Chat 1056 Application - Extension of the National Children's Hotline SOS 1056 "Technology at the Service of Children" LAMDA HELLIX, National Bank of Greece (General Management of Information Technology)
- SILVER Award in the "Cloud" Category for the project: Chat 1056 Application - Extension of the National Telephone Line for Children SOS 1056 "Technology at the Service of Children" LAMDA HELLIX, National Bank of Greece (General Management of Information Technology)
"The Technology Group for Children" played an important role in the adoption of the tools, and the integration of technological innovations with the aim of utilizing them to expand and upgrade the work of the Organization. A group of business executives that was established in 2007, with the main objective of strengthening and supporting the already provided services of "Smile" and was revived in 2018 with the significant support, know-how, consulting services and project coordination from the IT & Systems Division of the National Bank .
As far as the use of technology is concerned, this is not the first time that "The Smile of the Child" has received significant accolades. In 2008 the President of the Organization received the Award "Contribution to the use of technology for the benefit of children" in Kuala Lumpur, from WITSA (World Innovation, Technology and Services Alliance), while in 2015 the "Smile" was awarded the "Special Award for Social Contribution" for the 1st Mobile Information, Education and Technology Workshop "Odysseus", at the Annual Infocom World Technology Conference.
The technological upgrade of the Organization's networks and services was deemed necessary in order to be able to support even more effectively every child in need and danger in the country, and in this effort companies with a sense of social responsibility stood as our companions and launched the action plan in order to achieve this goal.
And in the case of the "Technology Group", we have realized the vision and desire of little Andreas, founder of "Smile": we united and succeeded. Putting technology at the service of every child in Greece, we sincerely thank you for the award, which is a commitment to continue our work in the most optimal and technologically sound way possible.
The President of the Organization, Costas Yannopoulos, during the Awards ceremony held on the evening of Tuesday, October 4th at the Markou Wine Museum, said: "We owe a lot to the Technology for Children Group. We owe the ability to communicate and to be able to create. When Andreas founded "Smile", he wrote "if we unite we will succeed". The IT market participated in this effort and today we see important companies with important people offering important things for children. They offered us infrastructure modernization and at the moment the Organization can serve thousands of calls, but also manage a technology that can cover needs throughout Greece. We are not rich; our deposits are in soul and in people who offer us these possibilities. Thank you."
"The Smile of the Child"