"The Smile of the Child" participates at the transnational project entitled "AMINA - Safeguarding Migrant Children Across Europe"
Safeguarding Migrant Children Across Europe
"The Smile of the
Child" participates at the transnational project entitled "AMINA - Safeguarding
Migrant Children Across Europe", which is coordinated by the European Federation
for missing and sexually abused children “Missing Children Europe (MCE)”. The
project is funded by the “H & M Foundation”.
The goal of the project is to close the protection gaps that lead to disappearance and exploitation of children in migration and to contribute to creating an environment where policy and legislative processes give primary consideration to the best interest of the child.
The actions that “The Smile of the Chils” participates are:
1. The development of “MINIILA” smartphone application, which will provide useful information (hostels, support centers, services, etc.) to migrant refugee children in the European Union.
2. The improvement of procedures for managing cases of disappearance, trafficking and exploitation of minors at both cross-border and horizontal level.
The project "AMINA - Safeguarding Migrant Children Across Europe", has duration of 3 years and involves 12 organizations from 7 different EU countries. The project partners are:
• The Smile of the Child (Greece)
• Missing People (UK)
• Centre Français de Protection de L’Enfance and La Mouette (France)
• Child Focus and Médécins du Monde (Belgium)
• Nadja Centre Foundation (Boulgaria)
• Telefono Azzurro (Italy)
• Weisser Ring (Germany)
• County Administrative Board of Stockholm (Sweden)
• ECPAT (UK)
• ECPAT (France)
• ECPAT (Sweden)
• Médecins du Monde (France)