INTERSYC II “Integrated Territorial Synergies for Children Health and Protection II”
“Integrated Territorial Synergies for Children Health and Protection II”
In the framework of the European Territorial Cooperation Programme “Interreg V-A Greece -Bulgaria” 2014-2020, the Organization “The Smile of the Child”, in the role of Lead partner, is implementing the project entitled “Integrated Territorial Synergies for Children Health and Protection ΙΙ - INTERSYC II”.
The project aims at protecting and improving the quality of life of children in the cross-border area. The main actions of the project include:
● Medical examinations for 6.000 - 6.500 children in Greece and Bulgaria, with the fleet of medical vehicles and human resources of "The Smile of the Child" on both sides of the border.
● Training seminars in First Aid and the BLS/AED (Basic Life Support/Automated External Defibrillation), for professionals working with children in Greece and Bulgaria.
● Staff training in 116000 European Hotline for Missing Children operation and mobile application development to promote 116000 Hotline and to inform children and adolescents on health issues.
The following organizations participate in the partnership scheme:
● Greece: Municipal Development Agency οf Komotini Municipality
● Bulgaria: Nadja Centre Foundation, Sandanski Branch, Regional Inspectorate of Education - Blagoevgrad.
The project is a continuation of the successful implementation of the first project INTERSYC, by capitalizing the results and the excellent cooperation of the first project.
The project started in September 2017 and its duration is 24 months.
For more information about the project, please click the project’s website: https://intersycii.eu/
The Programme is co-funded by the European Union (ERDF) and national funds of Greece and Bulgaria