Mobile Medical Units of Intensive Care (Ambulances)
"The Smile of the Child" operates mobile medical units of intensive care for newborns and children and carries out medical transfers nationwide and abroad as requested.
The mobile medical units (Ambulances) of the Organization are unique in Greece and provide pediatric support during a transfer (inhalator, cardiac monitor/defibrillator, suction). The units have an independent power capacity which lasts for at least twice the time of the transfer.
- The Incubators have their own monitor, inhalator, manometer etc.
- The Incubators have their own battery and independent oxygen supply and all the parts required for their connection to the electric power or air or oxygen of the ambulance
- They also have a special pump of fluid infusion through syringe (drugs, milk etc.) for newborns No other unit in Greece has such an equipment.
- They are equipped with integrated pediatric standards (e.g. the inhalator has automated parameters according to the age and weight of the child). No other unit in Greece has identified parameters.
- The Units are certified by the European Union.
It is worth noting that the characteristics of the Units exceed the guidelines provided by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
"The Smile of the Child" operates mobile medical units of intensive care for newborns and children since 1997.