Center of Social and Counseling Support to Children
On 2 October 2010
“The Smile of the Child” inaugurated the Center of Social and Counseling Support
to Children in Ilion with the goal to provide support to children and their
families in the area as well as in the wider neighboring areas.
The space was kindly granted by the Municipality of Ilion with the support of sponsors and friends and it was transformed into a warm, friendly and functional area for children.
More specifically, the Center of Social and Counseling Support to Children is staffed by a social worker and a psychologist and provides the following services:
- Receiving of anonymous and named reports for children at risk
- Direct interventions with vehicles of the Organization for children at risk
- Handling of cases of children that have gone missing or have been abducted
- Counseling Support to Children, Parents, Teachers
- Recreational Activities for Children
- Informational Sessions to schools across Greece
- Support to Children with welfare problems
- Support to Children with health problems
- Transport of Children with health problems with vehicles of the Organization
The Center of Social and Counseling Support to Children is closely cooperating with the services of the Municipality and
- The Social Services
- The Psycho-pedagogic Center
- The municipal clinics
- The Police Department of Ilion
- The Security Department in Ilion
We would like to warmly thank the companies Art Infoballons, Nova balloons, LINEVITAKI ICE LINE, Nikolaidis pastry and Patsis catering for their kind participation and sponsoring offers in the inaugural event of the Center.