ODYSSEAS, the first Mobile Lab of Education, Technology, and Information
“The Smile of the Child”, within the framework of its actions on the information of students, parents and teachers on important issues, such as internet safety, bullying, cyber bullying, abuse etc, created ODYSSEAS, the 1st Mobile Lab of Education, Technology and Information in Greece.
The overall objective is to have a physical presence throughout Greece and be next to every child, parent and teacher, providing its services with emphasis on prevention.
The main idea is to communicate with children in their own “language”, i.e. the one of technology.
ODYSSEAS is a unique, especially for Greek standards, technological tool, safe for any visitor, autonomous and fully equipped with:
- Call center
- Solar alternative energy system
- Satellite antenna for data transfer
- 10 cameras inside and outside the vehicle (Including 1 robotics)
- 35 workstations with internet access
- smart TVs
- Smart phones
The main activities of ODYSSEAS are:
- Information of students, parents and teachers on the right use of the internet and the overall use of new technologies
- Organization of training seminars from specialized personnel of our Organization to professionals (teachers, social workers, psychologists) on child safety
- Its use as a Mobile Crisis Management Command Center throughout Greece
- Training of professionals on first aid
- Voluntary blood donations in cooperation with local hospitals/health centers
The fully equipped ODYSSEAS can provide, among other:
- The possibility of interconnection of its call center with the National Helpline for Children SOS 1056, the European Hotline for Missing Children 116 000 and the European Helpline for Children and Adolescents 116 111
- The possibility of online broadcasting of any source of sound and image within the vehicle
All activities are implemented at the national level under the auspices and in collaboration with the Greek Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs.
ODYSSEAS became a reality thanks to the significant and valuable contribution of some of the largest companies of our country. The telecommunications industry, among other, joined forces!