“CONVEY - Counteracting sexual Violence and harassment: Engaging Youth in schools in digital education on gender stereotyping” with financial support from the REC Programme of the European Union (2016-2019)
CONVEY was a 32-month project (September 2016 – April 2019) which involved 6 partners from different EU countries: CESIE (IT), The Smile of the Child (GR), Hope for Children (CY), Sexual Violence Centre Cork (IE), Gender Alternatives (BG), Westminster City Council (UK).
The project aimed at preventing sexual violence and harassment and contributing to modifying violent behaviours against women through an online educational tool to raise awareness on gender stereotypes and sexualisation of women in digital media.
Project’s activities included:
- involvement of youngsters (i.e. school students) as peer consultants to provide inputs and feedback to the development of project’s main output – online simulation game
- establishment of an adult expert consulting group integrating professional external knowledge and experiences in the delivering of project’s activities
- creation of an online simulation game “CONVEY, Not A Game” (and linked training materials) as educational tool to awareness raising and prevention against sexual violence and harassment (the game is available here: notagame.eu)
- workshops for teachers and educators by empowering with knowledge and tools to become trainers with innovative approaches on project’s sensitive issues
- implementation of a pilot program offered by trained teachers with the participation of adolescents
- development of a social media campaign against sexual violence and sexual harassment to raise awareness on the issue and to publicize the project throughout its lifecycle
- dissemination and mainstreaming activities at local and transnational level (www.facebook.com/conveyproject.eu).
The Project CONVEY was co-funded by the REC Programme of the European Union.
For more information, please visit the website of the project on conveyproject.eu or contact us at email@example.com